It is March 1st and the weather is heating up. Let's start getting the Boat ready for some family fun! I am sure everyone is ready to get outside and do something different like....ride on the lake in their boat. So, what should we do to prepare for the adventure? Get the Boat ready.
- Inspect propellers for cracks, dings, and distortion. Clean the hull, deck, and seats and make sure the drain plug is in place before your first launch.
- Check the cables, belts, and hoses. Make sure they are not cracked or out of place.
- Check all of the fluids; change the oil, drive lubricants, and oil filter to make sure everything is good.
- Inspect the wires to your electrical components. Make sure the battery is good and ready.
- Finally, check your safety gear! Make sure your life jackets are still in good condition. Be sure the fire extinguisher is fully charged.
Then after you have the boat ready for the water, make sure your registration and Boat Insurance is up to date and in force. It is always a good idea to review your insurance coverage before every boating season to make sure your coverage is in force and adequate. Many more motorboats, sailboats, and jetski's are on the water every single year which leads to more and more accidents on our lakes and waterways. Be prepared and be safe!
Give Midlands Insurance Center a call today 803-957-3311 and we can help you get great boat insurance coverage to protect your family on the water!