The month of December is National Identity Theft Prevention and Awareness month. Its Christmas time and that means lots of shopping....online shopping. Be careful and use extra precautions when making electronic purchases. Identity theft has quickly become the number one type of theft in the world.
Here are a few tips to prevent Identity Theft:
1. Make sure no one is shoulder surfing when entering pin numbers at ATM's or checkout lines.
2. Encrypt your emails and text messages.
3. Shred everything with personal information on it.
4. Require two factor authentication on social and financial accounts.
5. Protect your Social Security number.
I hope these tips help you have a safe online experience!